Maidbot is a fast-growing robotics company pioneering a revolution in hospitality - the world’s largest industry - by creating robots to handle the dull, dirty, and dangerous tasks. With rising market demand and Maidbot’s first-mover status, we have already partnered with many of the largest hospitality brands through pilot programs and pre-orders. After completing successful deployments with multiple hospitality companies where dozens of our robots worked alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software stack, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to autonomous robotics to state-of-the-art electronics. In our Austin office, you’ll find an army of robots, 3D printers, laser cutters, dogs, and an endless supplies of cold beverages, coffee, and tea.
You are a motivated professional software engineer with the desire to work in a highly interdisciplinary environment. You are excited to solve problems in one (or all) of the following areas:
Deployment, monitoring, and analysis for a fleet of hundreds of autonomous robots.
Development of performance prediction and optimization tools based on historical and real-time data.
Architecture and implementation of real-world multi-robot collaboration.
Robustification and optimization! (From low-level drivers and behaviors that interface directly with the sensors and actuators, all the way to task-level decision making, perception,high-level control, and user interactions).
You will be working closely with our team of roboticists, software, and hardware engineers. Most importantly, you are passionate about playing a key role in the development of a revolutionary fleet of robots.
- Robotic, device-level, and/or web-based software development tasks critical to Maidbot’s success.
- Source code management, documentation, unit testing, continuous integration.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve bugs and issues with code that arise during real-world field testing and provide ongoing quality assurance.
- Software performance tuning and optimization.
- Communicate project status and impact with business and engineering team members.
- B.S. / M.S. / Ph.D. in Robotics, Computer Science, or related field.
- At least 2 years of C++ (or 3+ years of another object oriented language). development experience.
- Substantial experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Experience with modern source and version control techniques (Git, subversion).
- Experience working and developing in a Linux environment.
- Experience delivering real-world systems for non-expert users.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Substantial C++ and Python development experience.
- Experience with any of ROS, ZMQ, Docker.
- Cloud-based data storage and processing pipelines.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel that you’re a fit for this role, please send your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply now by clicking the "Apply for this Job" button. Subject your email as following:
- Software Engineer, Your First and Last Name
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Maidbot thrives on the uniqueness and diversity of its employee family. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Maidbot is an equal opportunity employer, and it is our policy that all applicants and employees are entitled to equal employment opportunity. Maidbot does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment, promotion, transfer or any other personnel decision because ofrace, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, sex stereotyping, transgender status, and gender identity), national origin (including limited English proficiency), age (as provided by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act), disability, or political affiliation or belief, disability or veteran status.