BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Maidbot is a fast-growing robotics company pioneering a revolution in hospitality - the world’s largest industry - by creating robots to handle the dull, dirty and dangerous tasks required of human workers. With rising market demand and Maidbot’s first-mover status, we have already partnered with many of the largest hospitality brands through pilot programs and pre-orders. After completing a successful test with one hospitality company where a dozen of our robots worked alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software stack, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to autonomous robotics to state-of-the-art electronics. In our new Austin office you’ll find an army of robots; 3D printers to laser cutters; hypoallergenic dogs; and an endless supplies of hawaiian shaved ice, coffee, and tea!
You are highly motivated, self-starting individual to support the sales, marketing and client delivery activities on the Business Development team. If you’re looking for a summer to spend with robots, working with hotel staff, creating best practices and making a business contribution, Maidbot is the right place for you!
Maidbot is on a mission to bridge the gap between humans and robots. You will work with the business team, reporting to the VP of Business Development, working alongside the Director of Customer Success and the engineering teams. A summer project will be outlined at the start with a deliverable and final presentation due at the conclusion of the internship.
- Assist with client on-site robotics work; prepare and organize documents, track performance, fix issues, train staff
- Support sales efforts from prospecting to deal closing
- Expected graduation date between May 2018 and May 2020.
- Minimum availability of 8 weeks. Ideally at least 10 - 12 weeks.
- Draft and update marketing materials, including web content and other collateral
- Research and create documents for training, SOPs, best practices
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Pursuing an undergraduate or MBA degree with a focus in business (marketing, sales, technology)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Familiarity with service/hospitality industry
- Able to process large amounts of information quickly and take action
- Ability to work with data and present findings
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with robotics technology
- Fluency in Spanish or another language
- Knowledge of CRM software
- Proficiency in media editing software/ suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, photography skills)
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject your email as following, Business Development Intern Application, FirstName and Last Name. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.