Robot Operations Engineer
Maidbot is leading the way as a pioneer in revolutionizing commercial cleaning by leveraging the power of robotics and innovative automated solutions. This all starts with Rosie: an industrial housekeeping robot for commercial cleaning, which handles the dull, dirty, and dangerous tasks. With rising market demand and Maidbot's first-mover status, we have partnered with several of the largest hospitality & commercial cleaning companies. Beginning in Austin, we've expanded into markets such as Houston, Dallas and Denver. After launching successful deployments with multiple hospitality companies where dozens of our robots work alongside hotel staff, we are developing new features and enhancing our current software, which ranges from a customer-facing web application to state-of-the-art electronics. In our Austin office you'll find 3D printers, laser cutters, dogs, and an ever-growing army of robots.
Maidbot is on a mission to bridge the gap between humans and robots. You will work with both business and engineering teams to drive product development and ensure successful robot field operations. You're focused on delivering reliable, easy-to-use products for clients. Your standards are higher than your customers'.
You have a talent for investigating issues at multiple scales and domains: finding problems both with individual devices and fleet-wide, whether the root cause is hardware, software, or somewhere in-between. You love getting your hands dirty with a problem and you get a wide grin when you find the solution.
You're interested setting up processes and tools to anticipate problems and optimize performance. You create solutions that best fit the problem at hand, whether they be documentation strategies, software applications or electronics testing devices that enable your team to troubleshoot quickly, easily and rigorously. You love enabling the strong performance of others.
- Monitor robot operations at multiple client properties
- Understand client needs and advocate for client-focused feature development
- Work with robot deployment specialists to collect and organize customer feedback
- Work with engineering teams to define, track and resolve issues
- Perform on-site robot performance tracking and troubleshooting
- Set-up and perform on-site robot demos for potential clients and investors
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline (or 2 years' equivalent experience)
- Practical knowledge of troubleshooting electronics and electromechanical systems
- Demonstrated data-driven approach to problem solving
- Proven drive to understand, assess and deliver on client needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- An affinity for communicating between technical and non-technical teams
- Willingness to travel occasionally to U.S. and international client properties
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Experience in service or hospitality industry
- Experience with modern data analysis tools (NumPy, SciPy, R, Jupyter)
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with robotics and/or IoT devices
- Experience with CI/CD tools and/or software deployment practices
- Experience with analog and digital electronics testing tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers)
If you feel that you’re a fit for this role, Please Apply Here
. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Maidbot is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Maidbot will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.